Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Being driven away in disgust

As a life-long Republican voter, the last few years have been agonizing for me as I've found my political world turned topsy-turvy. Between torture, war, spending and lawbreaking it's been harder and harder to find anything worthwhile left about the modern GOP.

At least I thought McCain wasn't too bad and he'd run a reasonably honorable campaign, but even that forlorn hope has been dashed.

You know, I am heartily sick and tired of the government lying to me. I'm not naive enough to think that the government will never lie, nor even that there are times when the government should lie. But lies should be rare and when discovered repented of. Not doubled down.

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/09/09/palin-bridge-23/

A campaign built on lies cannot be healthy for the country.

No comments:

Slate - Encyclopedia Baracktannica