Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"I was a Republican until they lost their minds"

"I was a Republcian until they lost their minds." Charles Barkley
This is the single best quote summing up my feelings about the Bush-led GOP

John Cole over at Balloon Juice points out some more of the stupidity thta passes for "conservative 'thought' these days. Disclaimer: Yes, I know there's plenty of stupid liberal comment. No kidding, we already knew that! The conservatives used to be the master of the rational argument.

Cole:
Ace o’ Spades, proudly carrying the banner for today’s conservative movement, carefully explains why his selective prudery isn’t anywhere near as cravenly hackish as it appears:

"I know what the liberals are asking: Why is [Spitzer] such a big deal, and Sen. David Vitter’s previous experience with call girls isn’t?

Shut up, that’s why."

Bill Buckley wept.

No comments:

Slate - Encyclopedia Baracktannica